St. B's Family,
We wanted to write and update you on two important pieces of information.
First, we recently finished interviewing a candidate for the position of Interim Rector. The vestry will spend roughly the next week praying and discerning whether or not to ask this candidate to become our Interim. We ask for your prayers in this process both for us and for the candidate that we will both arrive at the same conclusion and be at peace with whatever decisions are made. We know that this process can seem frustratingly slow, but, as Canon Pamela Snare reminded the vestry many times, this is a process of discernment and not just making a decision. Responding to the leading of the Spirit is more important than filling this position quickly. Please also know that this vestry is a committed, thoughtful, and prayerful group of people who have really pulled together as a team in this transition. It is an honor for us to work with them.
The vestry is also moving toward finalizing the search committee for the new rector. The committee will be announced by the end of next week. Once this committee is formed they, along with the vestry, will meet with Canon Snare before they officially begin the work of finding a new rector.
Again, this process can seem slow and communication vague, but there is momentum and progress being made. We will continue to do all that we can to communicate this progress throughout the entire search process. Please don't hesitate to contact us, or , or any member of the vestry during this transition.